The basic duty of the Audit Committee (“Committee”) is to advise EcoRodovias’ Board of Directors so that to assure that business is conducted in conformity with the laws, ethics and internal controls of the Company.
The Committee’s main responsibilities are:
- Advise the Board of Directors, so that to assure that business is conducted in conformity with the applicable laws, ethics and efficient internal controls against errors, losses and frauds;
- Monitor and evaluate the independent auditor’s activities, keeping in touch with auditors systematically, as well as assess and advise on their engagement;
- Monitor the preparation process of the financial statements.
- Monitor the internal audit works, ensure its independence, evaluate its performance, advise on the hiring, removal or replacement of internal auditors;
- Evaluate the Internal Control systems related to the financial, accounting and legal aspects, as well as the Compliance actions.
Click here to read the Statute of the Audit Committee.